Search Our Website
Eastern Province Women's Development Association (EPWDA) was founded in 1996 (and registered in 1997 with the Registrar of Societies of the laws of Zambia) as a non-profit, non-governmental (NGO) umbrella organization for eight District Women Development Associations (DWDAs) and their respective Area Women Development associations (AWDAs) in the Eastern Province of Zambia. EPWDA represents some 24,623 women, but its work affects more than hundreds of thousands people: women, men and children living in the rural areas of Eastern Zambia.
• To provide a forum for networking, sharing ideas and experiences
• To foster the spirit of co-operation among rural women in the Eastern Province
• To constitute an umbrella for all District Women Development Associations (DWDAs)
• To collect and disseminate information relevant especially to rural women
• To help resolve problems which may be beyond the capacity of DWDAs
• To co-ordinate and monitor activities of the DWDAs and AWDAs